Thursday, March 16, 2006

Musings

Random thoughts from my head today.

1) Tonight is the David Gray concert! Hurrah!

2) Some promising information on the movie "V for Vendetta". When I heard the Wachowski Bros. were doing another movie I thought who cares - don't even get me started on the putrid drivel that is Matrix 2 (I didn't bother to go see the third). Then I saw the trailers & it actually looked good. Then yesterday, I read a review in the Mercury & now I'm even more excited. The movie is based on a graphic novel (I just put it on hold) from the 1980s by none other than Alan Moore!!!!! Moore is the creator of the graphic novels "Leage of Extraordinary Gentleman" & "From Hell". Hollywood massacred LXG but I have hope for "V for Vendetta.

For one thing, they Brothers W are not directing this movie, they didn't write it from scratch; they only adapted it. This is what the Mercury had to say, I laughed my head off at the first part"....who have otherwise been hiding, licking their wounds from the derision thrown at their Matrix Sequels--the screenplay stays largely true to its source material..."

I'm surprised that the graphic novel is 15 years old, yet it looks strikingly relevant ...a fascist (fascist as defined by Mussolini is business with government) government who invents conflict, police spying on citizens & you get the idea.

3) Speaking of government out of hand, could widespread distrust of Bush finally be stirring. There are more anti-Bush books out & the other night I could swear I heard a newscaster say the word "terrorist" with an almost mocking, doubtful tone.

Could people be actually waking up? I suppose that's too much to ask. The same events have happened throughout history; people never change - leaders are greedy for power & colonies/resources, while the rest of us are too busy trying to survive (or consume, which is the true national religion of the United States).

And again those twits are trying to sneak ANWR into the budget.

It's just too, too much. I'm so tired of all this crap. It's like they keep trying to see if they can eventually pull the wool over our eyes when we aren't looking. I no longer believe that government can solve any problems (they'd be out of a job if they did).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home