Wednesday, March 30, 2005

March Wrap-Up

March Readings

Ishmael by Daniel Quinn
Great Book - I’ll be posting a blog in response soon.

Catherine the Great by Henri Troyat, translated from French
Surprisingly good. I was afraid it would be a totally dull and slow history. To my delight, it was detailed but rich and luxurious and completely engrossing. I felt like I was there watching the history happen and I greedily devoured every word. I knew very little about Catherine the Great and I could only remember a picture of her on a horse from my world history course in high school.

2 Bobby Darin biographies
Fun, enlightening reading on a great singer and entertainer.


The Titanic Murders by Max Allen Collins
Fun, brainless reading by the author of “The Road to Perdition” and other popular fiction. Great description of the ship and famous characters on board. Well-researched.

Reading In Progress

“Dream Lovers - The Magnificent Shattered Lives of Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee” by their son Dodd Darin (1994)

“Who’s Looking Out for You?” by Bill O’Reilly - I believe in trying to understand people with different opinions than myself; not just shouting at them. So far O’Reilly’s book is way better than his TV show...he has some good points and spreads the blame to all politicians, including some Republicans.


March Listenings

Duran Duran “Astronaut”

Misc. Bobby Darin & Duran Duran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home